"Helge R. Olesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:05:52 +0200
My problem is that occasionally an Out-of-office message is broadcast to the
entire list. However, this is an exceptional behaviour, which does not
normally happen when users have activated their Out-of-office Assistant (or
whatever it is called).

I have browsed the archives concerning handling of Out-of-office messages,
and as I read the archives there are no settings you as a list owner can
set. Everything depends on the settings at the "offender's" computer (and
possibly also on settings with the person who posts a message).

There are seemingly only two things to do about it:

1. If an o-o-o message is broadcast you can remove the "offending" user from
the list, either temporarily or permanently.

2. You can "educate your users" to configure their Out-of-Office Assistant
properly.

But now, my question is: How do you "educate your users"? Does anyone have
sample texts which you can send, either to an "offending" user or to the
entire list?

Helge R. Olesen
National Environmental Research Institute, Denmark.