Lanny Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:48:52 -0500
From everything I have been able to find in the various manuals, in order
for a person to sign up for a LISTSERV list either a) LISTSERV must be able
to derive the "real world" name of a subscriber from their email header, or
b) the subscriber must supply a full name (ie.  SUBSCRIBE list-name
full-name).

As I posted earlier, a few months ago I turned notification on so that I
could see who joins or leaves.  I had one today where a subscriber from AOL
subscribed without providing a name.  I ran a scan and looked and found four
other AOL subscribers with "no name available".  I am beginning to think
this "problem" is somehow connected with AOL, but I don't have enough
knowledge to make a definitive analysis.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Lanny Pierce (MagiCAT)
Administrator
Cat Chat