Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:08:46 -0800
An interesting problem, since if one posts via the LISTSERV web interface,
their lines are not wrapped either.

Since virtually everything is using quoted printable or html formatting, I
would still like to see LISTSERV autoconvert to plain text, as some mailers
are capable of handling now.

The NOHTML takes care of the later most times.

(yes, everybody *should* use plain text, but if you want to maximize the use
of a product, and it is apparant that the vast majority of the user base is
using a different formatting method, I would consider it a good business
practice to cator to the majority.)

Before anybody digresses on the technical issues, since I run mainly
disability related support lists, you are working with the lower common
denominator in the scheme of things.  Also a population that takes least
kindly to having to dink around to changing mailer configurations to address
an issue they know nothing (or care) about.
<rant off>

:)

Randy