"Stan V. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 May 2003 16:58:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/2003 3:48:37 PM Central Daylight Time, Tekhelp62
writes:

> Folks
>
> We are starting up a listserv for several thousand alumni and some
> subscription request seem to go into the ether with no confirmation email sent back.
> Here is one, for example.  Since the subscriber was having problems, we asked
> her to cc our two tekhelp people (I am one).  I did get the email, copied
> below.
>

> Ca you suggest reasons why this subscription was ignored by listserv?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stan
>

> Subj:
> Date: 5/31/2003 12:48:27 PM Central Daylight Time
> From: xx<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
> To: listname<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">@xxx-Alumni.com</A>
> CC: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>, <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
> Sent from the Internet (Details)
>

> subscribe ecolint R. Freifeld

Oops, of course the To: line has listserv not listname in that position- the
change I made above to get the email thru the listserv filter to send to
listown-l was misleading.

The subscriber had already subscribed using a different ISP and, while the
same last name, but this time only using an initial, not the full first name.

Subj:
CC: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>, <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

subscribe ecolint R. Freifexx