Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:57:16 -0400
On: Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 08:32:06PM -0300,Russ Hunt Wrote:

} Setting the address to review makes sense, but I wonder about
} expunging the message. Most everybody who subscribes will have
} seen it, and if I were tempted to do that -- to spare readers of
} the archive? -- I'd worry that I'm setting the precedent that
} the list archive is, well, editable. As a list owner I really do
} not want to be in the position of having to make decisions about
} which intemperate remarks I want to claw back for the
} embarrassed subscriber -- and about the state of a list archive
} that's been edited.

Second the motion.

I have only removed 2 archive items on my lists.  One contained a virus,
the other contained copyrighted material at the request of both the
poster and the copyright owner.

--
Rich Greenberg  Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 941 378 2097
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67