Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:52:37 -0500
At 18:05 1/15/2005 Saturday, Ben Parker wrote:
 >I may be criticized for this, but I feel that the recipient bears some
 >resonsibility to provide a deliverable email address to subscribe to a list.
 >If their choice of ISP wants to be uncooperative regarding desired
email, they
 >may need to "vote with their feet" and shift to another ISP who is more
 >cooperative.  Or they might read the list mail only by the www archives,
 >bypassing the email system entirely.  There are other possible
solutions also.

Though highly dated (about a decade old), I dredged this up via GOOGLE.

The last four paragraphs still apply.

http://www.emoderators.com/moderators/how2list.html

Perhaps it should be updated with words of wisdom about spam and virI
(which don't appear as such in the article).  Maybe in another ten years,
they won't need to either?

/Pete