Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:53:04 -0800
At 3:28 PM -0500 12/24/97, Gilles Frydman wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Ed Price wrote:
>
>> Recent events have forced me to put one subscriber on "review.'
>> The first yet in the 2 1/2 year history of the ML.
>>
>> Would someone clarify the use of OK in releasing a message.
>>
>>         Does one simply delete the body of the message and reply with OK
>
>Hi Ed,
>
>that's exactly what you do. In your reply, the body of the message should
>contain ONLY ok. Just know that the listmember under review, if he is a little
>bit savvy, can see who is authorizing the messages.

I use Eudora, 'reply' and type "ok" over the entire body of the message.
The listserv software does the rest.  It really *is* very simple.

Your listmember will get at least one, and possibly two messages regarding
their posts.  One will say something like, "Your message has been submitted
to the moderator for their approval", and then later one that says, "Your
message was approved by <moderator>" It will depend on what your templates
say, and how they are set up.  In addition, the headers of their post, once
sent by the list, may contain an "approved by:" line.

HTH!

Lou Schwing                          La Crescenta Presbyterian Church:
[log in to unmask]                http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/
        "Never discuss theology with a cat.." - Snoopy
        --- Discover REBORN! - A Christian Discussion Group ---
            http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/subscribe.html
    Merry Christmas! - http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/christmas.html