Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:00:35 -0500
I have 696 subscribers on a new list I took over. Doing a QUIET SET
theBRML noMIME FOR *.* alters only 495 subscribers' listings
(including several, it tells me, that were already noMIME.) There was
a valid reason for me to execute the command, don't worry.

What I'm wondering is why Listserv didn't tell me it updated 696
entries, not 495. Have I done something wrong?

The valid reason to set noMIME is, inevitably, Microsoft-related.
Outlook interprets MIME digests as attachments. Yet I have
subscribers claiming to have set the list to noMIME and Outlook still
interprets their digests as attachments. Apart from suggesting
switching to Eudora, which can handle MIME digests either inline or
as attached full mailboxes, what do I tell 'em?

--
         Joe Clark | [log in to unmask]
         <http://www.electricseed.com/joeclark/home.html>