Ann White <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 00:38:53 -0400

>Date:    Sun, 28 Apr 1996 11:54:53 -0400
>From:    Philo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: "X-Mail-Agent: Spammer!" ???
>
>I got this in my mail yesterday. I usually get misdirected subscribe
>requests through "owner-lawsch-l@..."
>What caught my attention here was the mail agent... Is this for real, or did
>he just edit his preferences to get attention?
>
>>From: [log in to unmask]
>>Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 18:41:57 -0500
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Subscribe
>>
>>SUBSCRIBE [log in to unmask]
>>

>Philo

Philo,
This person tried to subscribe to my list yesterday too, and I was
suspicious because of the spammer mail agent, and no name, only the number.
I have my list set to subscribe by owner, so I didn't subscribe him, but I
did write him a note asking for more information.  Haven't received anything
back from him yet...doubt if I will now.
Annie
   Annie's World
   http://www.tir.com/~annie