Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 21:00:48 -0600
At 09:07 PM 6/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does the ACK message also omit the subscribers with CONCEAL set?

No.  It omits those on nomail, digest, and index.  Whether they're
concealed is irrelevant.  Of course if they're concealed and ALSO one of
the others, then they are not counted.

btw, I've never understood why the exact count is so important anyway?
Other than it giving a VERY general idea of how many are reading, why care?
  I know it doesn't matter to me whether the number reading on here is 500,
550, or some other number.  Besides, you never can account for the ones
that are deleted unread, that bounce, etc.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534