Ron Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 May 2000 11:08:24 -0700
I am wondering if someone can give me some suggestions on restoring my
bottom banner for my list, MOCK-GEN-L? I have searched the LSTOWN-L
archives and haven't been able to find anything that can help me.

My list, MOCK-GEN-L has been running now for almost 5 years and has had few
if any real problems. I recently changed the URL of my home page and
attempted to edit this change into the bottom banner of my list. I
unfortunately ended up with a corrupted MAILTPL file. I then ended up with
no bottom banner at all. I had two messages I wished to send with each
message which included a couple of lines pointing to our home page and
another pertaining to our archives. Of course the instructions on how to
unsubscribe from the list were also lost.

I then sent for and obtained the file:

DEFAULT MAILTPL

By cutting and pasting, I edited out the corrupt portion of the prior file
and thought I had a good one that seemed to have all the necessary things
to restore my bottom banner, but it still does not work and I still do not
have my bottom banner back. I even confirmed that the new MAILTPL file had
been successfully stored.

Below is a copy of my bottom banner before I attempted to change the URL of
my home page:
               Visit the MOCK FAMILY HISTORIAN Home Page at:

                http://www.cybergate.com/~rmoore/mock.html

               Explore the Mock/Mauck/Mauk/Mack archives at:

            http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/mock-gen-l.html