Bassem Fanari <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 04:10:00 +0300
On Wed, 2 Aug 1995 19:02:04 EDT, JIM DRZYMALA said:

> Greetings,
>
> I am the list owner of the APAR-L list.  Currently, I have the NOTIFY
> option turned on to see all subscribe/unsubscribe notification messages.
>
> How do I go about adding a second person to see the notification messages?
>
> I've searched the archives, and I thought I knew what I was doing, but it
> still isn't working.  Obviously, I'm overlooking something.
>
> The APAR-L list is set up as follows:
>
> * Apparition List
> *
> *  Review= Public
> *  Subscription= Open,Confirm
> *  Send= Editor
> *  [log in to unmask] (Jim Drzymala)
> *  Notify= OWNERS
> *  Reply-to= List,Respect
> *  Files= No
> *  Validate= No
> *  Stats= Normal,Private
> *  Errors-To= Owner
> *  Notebook= Yes,N5/VMSYSU:LISTSERV.APAR_L,weekly,public
> *  Digest=Yes,Same,Weekly,Sunday,Size(1750)
> *  Mail-Via= Distribute
> *  Ack= No
> *  Default-Options= Repro
> *  Confidential= No
> *
> *  Owner= drzymala@ubvm      (Jim Drzymala)
> *         [log in to unmask] (John Ata)
> *         [log in to unmask] (John Ata)
>
> Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?  Thank you for your help!

You made a very little mistake, you forgot to place the "Owner=" keyword
in front of each owner's name, the correct form would be:

*  Owner= drzymala@ubvm        (Jim Drzymala)
*  Owner= [log in to unmask] (John Ata)
*  Owner= [log in to unmask]      (John Ata)

Then add:

*  Notify= Yes
 or
*  Notify= Owners

Both have the same effect.

If you wish the SUB/UNSUB notifications be sent to another person,
other than the list owners, add:

* Notify= Yes,someuser@somesite,anotheruser@anothersite

Regards,
Bassem

| Bassem Fanari         | Bitnet:   [log in to unmask]           |
| Dept. of Computer Sc. | Internet: [log in to unmask]  |
| King Abdul-Aziz Univ. | Snail:    P.O.Box 20882, Jeddah 21465, S.A. |
| Jeddah, Saudi Arabia  | Voice:    (966-2) 670-3484                  |
|   Life  is like a clock, you can work constantly and be right all   |
|   the time, or not work at all and be right at least twice a day!   |