Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:55:55 -0500

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Ben Parker wrote:
> Good idea, but changing the LOGS from Monthly to Weekly only changes the logs
> going forward.  Previous log files remain as they were and are not changed.  You
> would still have a huge file to deal with.

Well, yes, a completed notebook log is a completed notebook log, but what
if you have nonthly notebooks and in the middle of the month change it to
weekly, then change it back to monthly
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????????????????????????????????????Aaaaaa
Well, of course the previous logs aaaaaaaa0a1remain as given *until* they
are
reindexed.  So, you just force a new index for the new setup, do your
business, then force it back to the old setup.  No?

Well, maybe no.  The completed notebook logs are discrete, closed files,
ain't they.  If you start your list with monthly notebook and later
decide a month is too long a period, so change it to weekly

Well, sleep deprived (depraved?) that I am, I'm going to try it on one
of my big international lists, see how it actually flys.

Douglas