Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:08:53 -0600
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Ronnie Streff wrote:
> I'm not wanting to bypass the login, I'm trying to automate it so that
> they don't have to key it in (or even know it) themselves.

But they have to know it, they have to get it themselves, for themselves.
The password isn't for the list, it is for an address (hopefully the same
as the subscriber's subscribed list address), for a LISTSERV site.
Each subscriber has to register his own password.  How can he not know it?

> currently log in to our members only area using a last name and a member
> number, the log in for the list being different would require them to
> use some brain power they don't have in excess.

Memeber name and number.  That doesn't sound like LISTSERV, but like your
creation.  Yes, I can understand how there could be some confusion there,
but that is caused, I think higly likely, because LISTSERV does things
a particular way, which doesn't have to do with "member numbers".

If the list is "private", why do you need a "members only" area with
member numbers?  I suspect that this is a website other than that where
the archives reside.  Is that correct?

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]