Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 19:48:21 -0700
In the Error report the Host mentioned in there: Is it, as I think I
understand, the host where the distribution path was cut ?

If so, I now do understand why some are coming from my LISTSERV host.
And that means that auto-delete will never change their incoming since
they result from LISTSERV talking directly wiht a recipient and having
an error. And LIST: Error report from SOME.OTHER-HOST is the same thing
but for a message where the "hop" was originating from SOME.OTHER-HOST
still on LIST behalf ...

If that is right (or close to getting the cigar), I just wanted to say I
never intended to bash LISTSERV 'cuz of my host sended me Error reports.
I just *wrongly* understood the reports mentioned the receiving HOST...

It is so obvious that it *cannot* be that I take the "Dummie of the
week" Award for myself...

So it means I have to read EACH Error report and act on every
(different) one ??? And I was there sitting wondering when the
Auto-delete would kick in :-)) I think I would figured my mistake when
the 4 days where past (made the change from default Tuesday morning) ...
Up to this point learning have been fun, learning that one is "chilling"
my enthusiasm ;-)

Well I have my weekend planned for me... 8-{ Gulp!

PS Thanks to Melvin Klassen, your defense of LISTSERV honor made me
understand my mistake.

--
Eric Paul-Hus, BLUES-L "depressed" list clerk!