Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:34:59 +1000
This can also apply to 'full' mail boxes.  Most of my memebers tend not to
set auto-responders...they just walk away and let their e-mail overflow.
Grrrr....

Regards,
Michael Shannon

Note: The views expressed on this list are my own and in no way reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Weiss [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: Vacation Messages/GroupWise

At 00:06 08/20/2000 Sunday, Adam Bailey wrote:

>Put them on NOMAIL.

Good Advice.  Also on my lists, I usally

SET listname NOPOST NOMAIL for vacationer

Why?

So when they return, they don't send stupid posts to the list asking:

1) is the list dead?

2) why did you set me to NOMAIL?

3) other off-topic post

Somewhere along the line, they will contact the list-owner
(listname-REQUEST) and ask/complain.  This gives me an opportunity to
explain why they were "busted" and in-general, why I despise vacation
programs.

Pete @ Penn State