Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:59:15 -0400
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Russ Hunt wrote:

> A LISTSERV list I belong to has an archive which requires an email
> address and password to access it.  In practice, it's pretty much
> impossible to acquire a password, and the listowner has no reason to
> keep the archive private -- but neither he nor I can figure out how
> to configure the list so that the archive is public.
>
> How is this configured?

I am not sure why a password would be "pretty much impossible to acquire"
since its a pretty easy process. In any event, you can open up the list's
archives by changing the "Notebook" keyword. At the end of the Notebook
keyword, you'll notice that it says "Private" on it. Change this to
"Public" and then replace the list's header on Listserv and you're all
set.