Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Apr 1992 17:16:17 MST
On Wed, 29 Apr 1992 14:16:02 CDT J. Philip Miller said:
>Well now we have folks writing mail spool cleanup programs that return unread
>mail that doesn't bother to check that it came from a mailing list!
>
>What type of inconsiderate folks are they?  I have previously written them,
>but they ignored the messages.
>
>> Sender: Spool File Cleanup Daemon <[log in to unmask]>
>> From: Spool File Cleanup Daemon <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject:      THIS MAIL IS BEING RETURNED BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER READ BY THE
>>  RECIPIENT

I have had several of these in the last few days, all from the same
program at the same institution.  They also have ignored my responses on
this.

Well, it is silly season on the nets, and maybe this is the latest.
We clean out stuff here too, but it just goes to the bit bucket....period...
no notice to anybody.

dan

* Dan Lester                          Bitnet:   alileste@idbsu              *
* Associate University Librarian      Internet: [log in to unmask]    *
* Boise State University                                                    *
* Boise, Idaho  83725                 BSU and I have a deal: I don't speak  *
* 208-385-1234                        for them and they don't speak for me. *