Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:01:01 -0600
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Kevin Parris wrote:
> A subscriber is asking how to "get" the original author email address
> for a message received through one of our lists.

The problem of what the subscriber sees in his header, usually
abbreviataed, and what his email system automatically "replies" to is
a very old one.  I think it is because some email systems make unwarranted
assumptions (Sender: = From:, maybe Sender: = From: = Reply-To:).

For this reason I long ago made it a policy for all of my lists that all
postings *must* be signed with the full name of the poster *and* the
poster's email address.  When someone forgets, I add the info.  Those
who consistently do not sign per the list rules do not get to post.

All of my lists are set to * Reply-To= Both,Respect .

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]