j newton <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:19:53 -0800
Our list is a bit more active with about 74 to 200 posts daily and more than
100 most days. If I don't manage bounces very aggressively, it gets out of
hand very quickly.

No, I'm not using autodelete, I manually delete people when they start
bouncing. In my experience, there is never (or rarely) just one bounce and
if I did see that, I agree, I would not immediately delete the subscriber. I
usually see 5 or 10 bounces in a row from the same person.

It seems like nothing I do will stop the list server from distributing
bounces back to the other members. All the posts that the bounce subscriber
has received are qued up on his mail server and are continuing to come back
unless I delete him. I've tried setting nopost, but that doesn't seem (and I
only tried it once so I'm not really sure) to work.

Our list is closed so not just anyone can post...

...I guess next time I will try blocking the mail server with the filter
setting.

---
James Newton (PICList Admin #3)
mailto:[log in to unmask] 1-619-652-0593
PIC/PICList FAQ: http://www.piclist.com or .org