Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:04:21 -0600
On 3/18/02 1:29 PM, Brian Chickowski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is there a way to "bypass" the sending of this message to the poster?
>
> Want to moderate without the posters knowing we're moderating...

Others have told you how, but I wanted to add that it's not advisable to do
this. People may notice processing delays. People could notice the
Approved-By header. And, of course, as soon as you start rejecting messages,
word will get around.

There are rare situations where it's arguably a good idea to keep moderation
a secret. But in most cases, it's best to be up-front. I think that if you
lay your policies out in advance and moderate fairly, your subscribers will
understand. And those that don't are probably just troublemakers in the
first place.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP