Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:35:31 -0400
On 21 Oct 2004 at 14:18, Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We can prevent this by saving empty header and footer templates, however, this
> removes the header and footer from all of the list's web pages. We simply want
> to suppress the header and footer on those pages where we are doing redirects.
> Is there a way to suppress the header and/or footer on a page-by-page basis?

The site admin can make the headers optional by taking them out of
$WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER (may still need some HTML in there
to make the pages work right), and putting them instead in site-
wide WWW template SUB-TOP-BANNER which gets included at the top of
every dynamically created web page, but which can be overridden at
the list level. Same for footers and $WWW_ARCHIVE_TRAILER and
SUB-BOTTOM-BANNER.

The site admin will also need to put the header HTML code in the
static templates WWW_ARCHIVE_INDEX and WWW_INDEX, since it will no
longer be in $WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER.

Note that if you have the default headers and footers supplied by
L-Soft, some of the substitution variables known to LISTSERV are not
necessarily known to WA, and so you may have to hardcode the URLs
that LISTSERV plugs in there.

Francoise