Larry Ermis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:24:29 -0600
Original posting from Larry Ermis:

Reply-To = list    is set on my list header for my discussion group.

Upon posting, why does the list subscriber's mailer say to send
replies to the list manager's address rather than to the list address?

Thanks for your help!   Larry   :-)

******************
Response from Wayne T. Smith to original posting:

My point was see if LISTSERV was sending e-mail with the "Reply-
To:" line.  If so, the problem is not with LISTSERV, but locally with
the subscriber (your local mail system or client).

Your post had a space/blank before the equal sign in the list config; if
that's really in the list config, ditch it:  "Reply-To= List".

Maybe I just don't understand the problem!  Good luck, Wayne
--

Wayne T. Smith -- [log in to unmask]
University of Maine System -- UNET -- Systems Software Analyst

Special thanks to Wayne Smith up in Maine for addressing the
original posting (the blank space before = was the culprit) followed
by a review of my list header for recommended changes that are
now in effect for my discussion group.

Larry Ermis in Texas, a long way from Maine lobsters