Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:22:29 -0500
>"this bothers me").  Does anyone have a good, linguistically sound
>reason for discouraging this habit?  It makes about as much sense

Linguistically sound?  Well, if the fact that Listserv is the program and
list is the discussion group whose messages it manages isn't enough ...

I'd say the most obvious reason is that when you tell listmembers to send
commands to the listserv and they assume listserv > list because some
people are too lazy to preserve the distinction, these listmembers are
going to be sending those commands to the list and will be rather affronted
when they're told that was wrong.

>produced on WP.  Am I being overly sensitive?

Even if you are, you're not alone.

>Thanks, Ingrid Shafer

Mario Rups