Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:36:44 -0600
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Chris Barnes wrote:

>> We've used the 'TELL LISTSERV /FORWARD emailaddress' command for the
>> last few
>> years to forward incoming mail from a person's old account on our VM
>System
>> (where listserve resides) to their new email account on a different
>system.
>

>You sure you don't mean
>   tell MAILER set forward .... ?

No he means tell LISTSERV.

I know nothing about this specifically, but I am aware that when
LISTSERV was removed from the VM system here at KU, all mail
forwarding capability from the VM system was also lost for the next
several months, before E-mail processing (MAILER and SMTP both) was
completely removed from the system making the point moot.

>I am/was unaware that Listserv had a forwarding feature (and not so sure
>it's a good idea).

It must...

Dennis