"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 14:57:00 EST
>OK, bounce experts, here's one for you.  Some information:

>1. psi.com, uu1297, uu9 all have no match on entries in my list.
>2. The only user mjs is [log in to unmask], but it's not clear that this
>   is the culprit (he got the deletion message and resubcribed).
>   A nicname/whereis on asgjv.com does not show psi.com.

An NSLOOKUP (I used DiG) for type=mx of asgjv.com reveals:

asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      20 uu4.psi.com.
asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      20 uu5.psi.com.
asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      0 uu9.psi.com.
asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      10 uu6.psi.com.
asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      10 uu7.psi.com.
asgjv.com.      86400   IN      MX      20 uu3.psi.com.

I suggest that you turn off distributions to [log in to unmask]
and e-mail them separately.  Wait two weeks (or less) to see what
happens.   If they respond within two weeks, resume distributions
(SET MAIL) and pray.  If they don't respond, or you get a UUCP
nastygram, simply QUIET DEL.

>3. [log in to unmask] does not respond to queries.

I guess that's one way of advertizing one's less than full-service
ISP.

>4. The 14-day delay (pet peeve anyway) doesn't help matters, since I
>   don't get feedback to any actions I may take sufficiently soon to
>   be helpful.

The reason for SETing NOMAIL first ("shoot first, ask questions later").

>5. You're welcome to REVIEW BALLROOM at mitvma.mit.edu to look for
>   other culprits.

I think the NSLOOKUP is sufficient grounds for followup on MJS.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]
Favorite LISTSERV list: LSTOWN-L   Favorite LISTSERV cmd: DATABASE Search