Sandy Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 07:46:53 -0700

> However, if you have a need for  a list of currently available options in
> a compact, easy to parse format,  this can and should be provided through
> a standard  command. I did  know that people used  the flag codes,  but I
> thought  (based on  the discussions  on this  list when  flag codes  were
> mentioned) that this was done only to  do the equivalent of QUERY WITH. I
> did not know that some people used it to prepare statistics. Anyway, I'll
> look into providing a standard method for that in the next version.
>
>   Eric

I really could use this capability.  The topics feature is very handy and
makes listserv a superior product.  But I cannot monitor who has
specified what topic; if they are set correctly.  If you use a large
number of set topics commands, you have no way of knowing if you are
introducing tons or error into your list.  QUERY WITH does not work with
topics.  I cannot decode the characters at the end of a GET record.  This
is a giant hole in listserv capability.

Thanks,
Sandy