Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:29:53 -0600
Today I got one of the "Nigerian scam" spams via a Listserv list.  It
was tagged as spam by the mailer's anti-spam scripts (SpamAssassin I
believe), but it came through anyway.

I should note that nothing is broken here - both Listserv and the mailer
are doing their job as designed....

My question is this: I know that Listserv has exits that can be used to
run a procmail-type script.  How can one of those be used to prevent a
message like this from being distributed.  Ideally what I would like is
for any such message tagged as spam.  For example, if a message has in
the header
   Subject: [SPAM] Nigerian scam

Have Listserv treat this like a poster on review and send the message to
the Editor (or if no Editor/Moderator is listed, send to the Owner).

Is anyone doing something like this?

Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: [log in to unmask]
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-7801
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590