Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:02:36 -0500
On: Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:12:48PM -1000,Kevin Doyle Wrote:

} I am having a similar problem to the disappearing html messages asked about
} yesterday, but this deals with applicants sending the subscribe command. For
} a few of them, when the send the subscribe  to the command address, they
} receive a reply from the server indicating that the command could not be
} processed because the message body was empty and no command was found. I'm
} not sure the list configuration matters in this case (?) since the empty
} message is occuring before they even join the list.  It's almost as if their
} e-mail application is packaging the message portion as an attachment
} expecting the recipient (the listserver) to unpack it restore the command
} text to the message portion then process the command. But the listserver
} doesn't unpack the attchment and instead heads straight to the message
} section, finds it empty and sends off a note to the sender telling them the
} message section was empty.  If it matters, it's version 1.8e and in the
} configuration LANGUAGE=NOHTML.

This usually is because they are sending the commands in html or rich
text.  They must send them in plain text.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507