Bill Stilwell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 07:46:17 EST
Sherry and others,

    Several years ago I did not wrestle with super-lists. Instead I
had an over-arching list for the College of Education faculty and
departmental lists for each of six or seven departments. My COEFAC
has EDAFAC, EDCFAC, EDPFAC, EDSRCFAC, EPEFAC and KHPFAC lists.

    Life turns out to be well organized. Department Chairs use their
respective departmental discussion lists. The Dean uses either a departmental
list or the College list.

    The same system has been implemented with students whose lists are
organized first by major code and then the lists are subordinate to a
departmental student list, e.g., EDCSTU has several Major Code Lists.

    http://www.uky.edu/Education and click on Major Code has the picture.

    I must not understand the problem.

<Bill Stilwell>