Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:56:37 -0600
Andy Smith-Petersen wrote:
> The subscriber needs to remove the original poster's email address (or
> domain, or the domain of your Listserv machine) from their Block List.
> In the GW client, it's in Tools/ Junk Mail Handling/ Block List.
> If they really don't want to see the mail, they can use the "Junk List"
> instead, in which case the incoming mail is accepted but moved to a junk
> folder.

Thank you.  Now help me to understand it.

If we are talking list mail the person can't know in advance the original
poster's address; with a 4,600+ list it could be anything.

For domain of the list, how would this explain that some GW subscribers
recieve everything (say 40 items per day), some receive all but one or
two (bounced back with the GW "unused" error), and some receive maybe half
the postings, with the rest bounced back with the "unused"?

I mean, how can the list domain be "blocked" some of the time, but not
at others?  Does it maybe depend on whether the user happens to be looking
at email at the time, or something of that sort?  How can a user block for
a domain work some times, but not others?

I've never been a fan of Novell GroupWise (to me a lan system, which they
have *tried* to make Internet compatible while keeping it a lan). I first
encountered "quoted printable" (which I loath) in postings to my lists from
folk using GW, many years ago.