Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:07:56 -0500
Those who are new to this list may not be aware of it, but LISTSERV
is what it is because Eric *has* listened to and heeded our comments
for years.  A fair proportion of the features of LISTSERV and the way
they work is due precisely to Eric listening to us over the years.

And, just to through in my penny or so on the topic, I think this
whole discussion of adding the listname to the subject line is flat
silly.  If a person's mail system is garbage a new one should be
obtained.  If a person is subscribed to so many lists that can't tell
which list the item came from merely from looking at subject line then
perhaps the person is subscribed to entirely too many lists to follow
all of them intelligently.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L