"Ralph Stuart, University of Vermont" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Mar 1993 08:38:41 -0500
>    My questions:
>
>      Has this happened ever, or often? Is it inevitable?

Yes, it happens fairly commonly. My guess is that its inevitablity depends
on the subject at hand. The list owner doesn't have much to do with it. I
believe that every list has occasional flame wars, not matter what the
subject is.

>      Does anyone have Constitutionally guaranteed free speech on this
>  medium? Whose Constitution applies, since the medium exists in many
>  "jurisdictions," so to speak?

NO!

Good luck.

Ralph Stuart