Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 17:20:24 EDT
> I have a large list that has many subscribers from a site that uses Microsoft
> Mail.  When they reply to a posting, it goes to OWNER-listname.  My guess is
> MS Mail is using the "From OWNER-..." header instead of the "Reply-to:"
> header.  Anyone else seen this and know if there is something they can do to
> fix it?  We thought there was something posted here earlier on this subject,
> but couldn't find it in a search.  Thanks, Mark Westergaard

You can specify Safe= No in the list header, which causes the SMTP MAIL FROM
address to be the list, instead of owner-list.  This is the address that
Microsoft Mail puts into the From field, and the one that replies go to.
It's also the address that bounce messages go to, so you are relying on
LISTSERV's filters to cause bounces.  They are good, but MS Mail bounces
are not always caught.  So you might also want to add Filter= Also,postmast*@*
to keep mail from postmaster from being distributed to the list.