Wayne Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 May 1994 09:41:00 EDT
FEN has a subscribers (or several at the Allstate_Corp) in which
their file go through as junk. David's writes about the problem
below. I have included a section of the gibberish. This happens
with all of the ASCII files. I assume this must be specific to
Allstate_Corp and is not a problem with a mailgate.  Is is
close?  Wayne Marr [log in to unmask]

Date: Wed, 4 May 94 08:15 EST
From: "David A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
To: WAYNE <MARRM>
Subject: JFA: The "New" Journal of Finanical Abstr -Forwarded

I thought I would forward back to you the mail I just received on JFA.  I wanted
to show you how attached files appear on my end after traversing the net.  I'm
not sure what causes it but virtually all attached ASCII files come across this
way.  This problem also exists for others at my site.  We receive our mail
through an MCI mail gateway and read it into Word Perfect Office E-Mail.

Forwarded mail received from: CS5B:CS5:CS0:MCI:REMS:Wayne
Marr/INTERNET/"[log in to unmask]"

//BEGIN BINARY MAIL SEGMENT:
begin 0777 MESSAGE
M#@H2"@4*-!(*$@H2"B]%3E8*1&%T93H@5'5E($UA>2 P,RP@,3DY-" @.#HT
M-B!P;2 @0T14( I3;W5R8V4M1&%T93H@5'5E+" S($UA>2 Q.3DT(#(Q.C V
M.C P($5$5 I&<F]M.B!787EN92!-87)R"B @($5-4SH@24Y415).150*(" @
:34)8.B!-05)234!C;&5M<V]N+F-L96US;VX
M+F5D=0H*5$\Z($1A=FED(%=A;'-H"B @($5-4SH@06QL<W1A=&4@0V]R<"X*
M(" @34)8.B!D=V%L<V@Q0&5I9 H2"A(*5V%Y;F4@36%R<A(*5V%Y;F4@36%R
M<B])3E1%4DY%5"\B34%24DU 8VQE;7-O;BYC;&5M<V]N+F5D=2(2"C)$0S<Q
<0C<V$@I*1D$Z(%1H92 B3F5W(B!*;W5R;F%L(
H;V8@1FEN86YI8V%L($%B<W1R86-T<Q(*$@HP,# P,# P,!(*!0H-"F]R

end
//END BINARY MAIL SEGMENT