Siegfried Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:57:41 +0100
Apparently, LISTSERV 1.8e on the Linux machine forwards messages sent to
addresses like

   owner-BSE-L*watson**AHDLMS*-CVM*-MSU*[log in to unmask]

to the list owner. LISTSERV 1.8d on HP-UX discarded such messages
without bothering the list owner. This is really strange. I think that the
list owner should not see messages sent to such addresses. Listserv should
just register the probe failure for BSE-L and then silently discard the
message.

Siegfried

--

--