John Roraback PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:23:09 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-16 16:10:33 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Another excerpt from the forthcoming 1.8d Release Notes:
>
>  ***********************************************************
>  * Support for listname-subscribe-request, etc., mailboxes *
>
>  (where "listname" is the name of the list in question). Mail sent to these
>  addresses will be interpreted as explicit SUBSCRIBE, SIGNOFF, or
UNSUBSCRIBE
>  commands, respectively, for the list in question, regardless of the text
>  contained in the body of the mail message (which will simply be discarded).

Given the poor spelling skills, or propensity to make typographical errors, of
the seemingly many people who try to use the unsupported "susribe, subsrive,
subsribe or subsribe" commands ( and their "un" variations), may I suggest
that the following generic -request mailboxes be added to the above?

   listname-sub-request@...
   listname-unsub-request@...
   listname-join-request@...
   listname-leave-request@...

These are a little harder, though not much, to screw up.

And if the task is something that would be easy to accomplish while adding
these, perhaps adding other commands/addresses -- such as the ones below --
might be useful, though these would certainly not be as high on my priority
list; e.g:

   listname-nomail-request@...
   listname-mail-request@...
   listname-index-request@...