Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:42:59 -0500
At 9:49 AM -0700 5/27/01, Jeff Parke wrote:

>we do end up reading every message not so much to look for flames or
>inappropriate postings, but because veterinarians are by nature
>clueless about email and often post unsubscribe or other pleas for
>help to the list under such helpful Subject lines as "re: stinky
>ears", etc.

Believe me, it isn't just veterinarians. <G> I agree though, it is
another reason to read all of the messages. At least open them and
take a glance. I don't necessary read all the way to the bottom on
every message, especially if it is a list member who has been on a
long time and never caused trouble.

>I mention all of this because I feel we've struck a pretty reasonable
>balance of work, fun, frustration and rewards in how we run these
>lists and for the most part the subscribers are wildly appreciative
>of our efforts.  That last part is still the main reason for doing
>this.

For sure. My subscribers (on Showdogs-L) are some of the ones paying
you guys and gals. Nothing is more important to us than a good DVM
who is keeping up to date on what is attacking our animals now. Feel
free to pass on a great big "Thank You!" to all your list people from
us.

Mary