"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:00:16 -0400
Getting away from t-shirts for a moment :-),
Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Let's suppose my organization is divided in four parts (well, in fact, it
> *is* that way!) and I want to put all the people here in four lists, say,
> LIST1, LIST2, LIST3, and LIST4. I also want a GENERAL list that includes
> them all.

I never thought I, too, would be lobbying for yet another feature of Listserv,
but here I am, with a list that people should be subscribed to merely
because they are subscribed to one or more other of my lists (all local
and confidential).

There's the Send=(List1),(List2) syntax for who can *send* to lists.  I
guess I had vague hopes of finding Receive=(List1),(List2) to answer this
need.  (What would normally be used?  Maybe Receive=List  (where 'List'
is a constant, not the-name-of-the-list).

Or does this feature exist already and I've missed it?

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236, WWW has PGP
[log in to unmask]    URL=http://pobox.upenn.edu/~thompson/index.html