Philip Mire <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 09:20:52 CST
On Fri, 2 Sep 1994 10:03:50 EST,
Matt Larson  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   2.) I would first send a GET listname to our listserv account. I believe
>       that this will lock the list when I do this..

Try a "GET listname (HEADER NOLOCK", that will only return the header stuff
and not lock the list, I belive if a list is locked no one can subscribe to
it, can someone verify this? If your only gonna change the send keyword I
don't think you need to lock the list.

>   3.) I would then go in to an editor and change the SEND field to PUBLIC,
>       save it and then send the listserv a PUT listname.
>
>  4.) I then would UNLOCK the list.

When you "PUT" the header back, if the list was locked, it sould unlock the
list for you.

                                     /|
Computing & Information Services \'o.O'          Internet:
Texas A&M University-Kingsville  =(___)=              [log in to unmask]
Kingsville, TX  78363               U            ICBM:     27.29.58N
Phone (512) 595-2401                                       97.48.17W
Fax   (512) 595-2696