Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:08:40 -0500
> Emergency: Request to delete a post.
> -----------------------------------
>
> I have had a subscriber send a *very confidential* post to the list by
> accident.
>
> The subscriber immediately called me and I was able to place the list on
> hold.  No additional posts have hit the list since the hold was confirmed.
>
> I have also set the entire list on NOMAIL.
>
> How can I delete and/or stop that post from further/full distribution to
> the list?
>
> If I released the list from HOLD with everyone (except me) set to NOMAIL,
> will the post distribute only to me?

If the message has not yet been distributed to the list, you can change
the list to be moderated by changing the Send keyword and adding an
Editor keyword to the list header.  For example,

   Send= Editor,Hold
   Editor= youruserid@yourhost

After that, you can free the list and indivdually approve the messages
(with OK commands) that you want to be distributed.  After that, you
can remove the Editor keyword from the list header and change the Send
keyword back to its previous value.

Before you free the list, you should also set your subscribers back to
MAIL.  You may want to take care that you don't set someone to MAIL who
previously had set NOMAIL on their own.