"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:16:17 -0400
This is one of the great tips.

(Thanks Julie! And no you don't go blind, you only lose "intersight" in
one eye)

I also have a list that is 80% digest.  I have tried to figure out how to
"edit and format" the digest.  This method tested/worked perfect.

1) Get <LISTNAME> DIGEST

2) Make changes.

3) PUT <LISTNAME> DIGEST PW=XXXXXXXXXX
   On the very first line of e-mail message.

4) Keep the orginial digest for a safety backup.

5) To verify that the changes are the way you want them:

   a) Force the digest to be sent to you by:
       1) SET <LISTNAME> DIGEST
          This will force the "unfinished" digest.  In the same e-mail place:

       2) SET <LISTNAME> NODIGEST {or desired format}
          This will reset the original/desired format options

6) Now discard the original digest, if the modified digest is the way you
   want it.

Done deal!

Now my question.

I'm a "Doc's & manual" reader.  Where is the "GET ... DIGEST" referenced
in the manual?

Thanks

F. Leon