Fri, 19 May 2000 01:34:45 -0500
> Correct, because the passive probe is concealed within ordinary list message
> postings.  If none are ever sent, the address cannot obviously be probed this
> way.  8-)

Yes, that's what I thought, for the dead nomails need Renewal=.  But
it might help keep down those errors that build up in the DEMR into
the hundreds over months (I don't usually handle the errors for this
list, Pat does, and she doesn't go after these things) because LISTSERV
can't find a matching address.  The passive probe might track these down
so I don't have to?

I've noticed the fuctionality blurb about ~2k subscribers.  This is a list
with generally 2.2k to 2.4k subscribers, traffic on weekdays 10 - 20
items, 2 - 4 per day on weekends.  Would the passive probe present much
of a performance decrease at a site running a Unix high performance
package (Buffalo)?

Douglas