"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 05:58:04 CDT
> The real problem is how to handle those who wish to retrieve your marked
> binary files, but do not have the convenience of ftp available to them.

Everybody who has e-mail has a way to use ftp -- albeit a very clumsy
way if it's not direct access.  My list subscribers who have to go the
mail route for using ftp have described the process to me.  (I've never
used mail ftp and thus can't speak with first-hand knowledge.)  I agree
that people without direct ftp are at a disadvantage, but they have
successfully retrieved binary files from our archives anyway.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])