"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:06:00 EST
>--------------Listserv Error Message--------------
>The enclosed message, found in the CONSEREX mailbox and shown under the spool
>ID 1371 in the  system log, has been identified as  a possible delivery error
>notice  for the  following reason:  "Sender:", "From:"  or "Reply-To:"  field
>pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

The problem is "solved" by educating your users, mostly not to
include an entire original message back to the list for
re-distribution, but to QUOTE appropriately.

The advantages are many fold IF the user does this: recipients
don't have to use their precious time scanning for the "good"
parts after they spent their time downloading to their
workstation; doesn't use valuable archive space, doesn't waste
valuable bandwidth; doesn't waste valuable host time.

Here is my std.  boilerplate.  Others such as RAF have posted
similiar to this or LSTSRV-L.
 ------

Dear

If you want this distributed to all of xxxxxx-L, you will need to
remove the original "headers" that you included in your reply: the
software does not allow you to include them, thinking that it is
a "loop."

Additionally, please remove all other original signatures and text
NOT essential for context -- sometimes all you will need is a
relevant SUBJECT: RE: line in your reply.

Thanks.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                    "I've been cybertagged :-("