Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:04:58 EDT
Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.  A cursory
review of archive searching says "no".

I find the round robin method which LISTSERV uses to obtain approval
for postings to a moderated list inadequate.  A list with 3 moderators
and 8 submitted posts works where P1 goes to M1, P2 to M2, P3 to M3,
P4 to M1, P5 to M2, ... and P8 to M2.  If M2 is away on vacation for 2
weeks, every third post is held up until M2's return.  I would prefer
to have ALL posts go to ALL moderators so any one of them (M1 or M2 or
M3) can approve the post.

I thought I could accomplish this by setting up a second list LIST-MOD
to be the moderator of the LIST so that when notices for approval went
to LIST-MOD, LISTSERV would distribute that notification to the
subscribed members who are the moderators of LIST.  This first part
works.  Where this scheme falls apart is that LISTSERV expects the
approval for articles to LIST to come from LIST-MOD and does not
accept the approval from members of LIST-MOD, even though they are
defined in LIST as moderators for LIST.

Has anyone successfully skinned this cat?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Morris
BEE-L Owner/Editor