Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:52:27 GMT
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:24:14 -0700, Cindy Heavilin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I put a questionnaire in the>>>SUB_OWNER part of the mailtpl and I used the .fo
>off and .fo on , but when this is sent out by listserv it come in a paragraph
>instead of a list og questions.

Read the following carefully:

Subject: Re: questionnaire
From: Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:08:52 EDT

I have one list that I run this way.  Basically, you would need to create
a listname.MAILTPL for your list with at least the following templates,
set up something like this:

%----------------------------cut here-------------------------------%

>>> SUB_OWNER &LISTNAME: &WHOM requested to join
.TO &WHOM
A copy of the &LISTNAME membership questionnaire has been sent
to you.  Please read it carefully and follow the instructions
to complete it and return it to the list owners.

>>> ADDREQ1 &LISTNAME Membership Survey
.RE OWNERS
.TO &WHOM
.CE &LISTNAME Membership Survey
NOTE:  Please make sure when you send this back that it goes to
the address &LISTNAME-Request@&MYHOST.  Thanks.

This is a standard questionnaire required for all prospective
subscribers to &LISTNAME.  Blah blah blah...

.fo off
// JOB
  ADD &LISTNAME &WHOM &USERNAME
// EOJ

%----------------------------cut here-------------------------------%

Note that you cannot format the SUB_OWNER template; it all comes out
as one long paragraph without formatting no matter what you do, because
it is a "linear" template.  But you should modify it from the default
to let people know that they will receive a questionnaire to be filled
out and returned.

The questionnaire itself goes in ADDREQ1 and you can use all of the
usual template formatting commands in it.

For more information on templates, see chapter 9 of the list owner's
manual, particularly 9.4.3.

Nathan