Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:47:44 -0500
On 3 Mar 2005 at 12:09, Casellas, Josep Maria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I send an e-mail merge to listserv. I put &*NAME; in the subject field
> and it works right, people recive the e-mail with their name. But I
> included &*NAME; in the body of the message and doesn't work
> I'm working with a created listserv list without any connection with an
> external database
>
> Why doesn't work I the body field?
>
> I work using the interface web mail-merge option and it works right, but
> no sending a e-mail to the list

Aha! When you are sending an email to the list, how do you send it?
Is it possible that your mail client is formatting your message as
HTML? If so, it may be that your email client is converting &*NAME;
to &amp;*NAME;, which of course, LISTSERV does not recognize as the
merge field. Take a look at the raw message to see if that is the
case.

If so, here are some suggestions for dealing with it (which one makes
the most sense depends on your situation):

- Set your mail client so that it sends text only, not HTML.

- Add &*NAME; to the top or bottom banner template instead of to the
message itself.

- Upgrade to LISTSERV Maestro and use the Maestro interface for
senting HTML messages (see the Flash demo at
http://www.lsoft.com/products/maestro.asp for more information)

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html