Marshall Vale <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 07:28:37 EST
Fellow listowners,

 I've recently had an instance of forged mail on my list, Honda-L,
and I'm not exactly sure what action to take.

 There is a subscriber on the list who is rather unpopular and who
was the victim of the forged mail. What alerted me was that the
forged mail had a very different address and in fact, exactly
like another person who constantly disagrees with the victim.
I also have a pretty good indication of who it is because the
'nemisis', as it were, also posted immediately after sending the
forged mail. My suspect has also set up a fake account on their
machine of victim and one can finger it.

 Basically, I'm pretty sure who did it but I don't have any concrete
proof. There is strong evidence but I'm not sure what approach
to take. Should I just come out and tell my suspect that if he
does it again, I'll kick him off?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Marshall
Owner: Honda-L, SatB-L