Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:52:34 -0400
Some (many!) people discourage use of HTML.  Use of HTML is discouraged
or disallowed for many mailing lists.

On the other hand, I've believed for a couple of years that this
"discouragement" is antiquated and unwarranted.

Two out of three *new* lists at my Listserv site allow HTML and HTML, or
rather dual HTML and plain text, is the standard for those lists.

80-90% of my personal and professional e-mail (excluding mailing lists)
is now HTML.  Form helps emphasis and focus, and HTML allows better use
of form .... and that translates into better communication.

That said, I don't expect to change the thinking of anyone that thinks a
2KB message is better than a 40KB message, in and of itself.

cheers, wayne